The Forest Industry Reporting System - aka FIRS App - is a FREE forms management mobile application currently under development by EHS Analytics to help streamline and reduce the amount of safety-related paperwork and administrative work required in the field.
The full scope of the FIRS App will be available in 2023 and will provide BCFSC Members access to online forms to document their in-field activities using their iOS or Android mobile device(s) and help small employers build and maintain their SAFE Company Certification.
The FIRS App will allow users to fill out and manage forms using their mobile device. Information can be entered into the App forms even if the device is offline. The information will be automatically submitted once the device is back online.
FIRS Key Features
The key features under development are:
- Auto storage of SAFE Companies forms for record keeping and to support SAFE Companies audit documentation requirements
- Store company Safe Work Procedures so workers can access in field (available on and offline)
- Submit the records/reports to clients/stakeholders (only if wanted!)
- Available on IOS and Android devices
- Automated work flows to help manage work
- System generated notifications
- Talk to text enabled to reduce typing
- Able to take pictures in field to upload
- Role based access and tasks
- Due tasks highlighted
- Maintain training profiles and records for workers
- Available on and offline with auto sync
- Tips and tricks to help with completion of audit
- Support SAFE Companies Audit submission requirements
STAGE 1 IS LIVE AND READY TO USE
The first stage of the BCFSC FIRS App is called QUICK ADD. It is live and ready to download for SAFE certified members through the App Store for Android and iOS devices.
QUICK ADD simplifies incident reporting by allowing companies to submit and track incident reporting by submitting answers to five simple questions and uploading supporting photos into the record.
Incident reports can be entered into the App even if your device is offline. Once you are back online, the information will be automatically uploaded.
The Quick Add App also includes a *Supervisor’s Queue allowing supervisors, safety professionals, and company owners to review submitted records and extract important information from the report such as the severity or nature of a reported injury.
The five questions for incident reporting currently available in the QUICK ADD App include:
- Incident Type?
- When did the incident occur?
- Where did it occur?
- Who was involved?
- What happened?
*The Supervisor’s Queue is currently only available via computer through webforms (not to be confused with the FIRS mobile Quick Add). It can be accessed using your BCFSC FIRS credentials upon set up.
How to Access QUICK ADD
Here is how to access the FIRS App – QUICK ADD version:
- Simply go to the App store on your device and search for BCFSC FIRS to download the FREE App.
- To access the App, you will require confirmation by BCFSC of SAFE Certification BEFORE you can access the App.
- Submit your access request online. Or request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you are confirmed as a SAFE Certified Company, your FIRS App account will be created.
- You will receive an email from the App developer, EHS Analytics, with instructions on setting up your FIRS account with your individual registration details.
To learn more about the FIRS App forms management portal and how it will support the record keeping requirements for small employers and assist in building and maintaining SAFE Company Certification, please contact us via email FIRS@bcforestsafe.org