Forestry workers and/or employers in the BC forest or forest product sectors are eligible to become SAFE certified. It takes commitment, training and a sound safety management system to achieve a successful audit and become SAFE Certified.
There are three steps to become SAFE Certified the standard way:
- Register to become SAFE Certified
- Train or engage an auditor
- Complete a Certification Audit (Safety Management System assessment)
SAFE Certification Three-year Cycle:
Once you are successfully certified, your company will:
- Receive a SAFE certification number
- Listed as a SAFE Certified Company.
- Receive audit results, a Corrective Action Log (CAL) and a timeline for your next audit.
SAFE certification is maintained as long as you continue to submit successful audits annually. See Maintain SAFE Certification.