Learn basic safety and decision-making skills for driving on resource roads in British Columbia in this new, one day in-field course. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Operate a radio and follow safe road procedures in accordance with industry best practices in BC
- Implement driver controls to reduce the risk of incidents related to resource road operations
- Perform emergency manoeuvres
- Pre-trip inspection
- Blind spots
- Emergency manoeuvres
- Vehicle dynamics
- Driving techniques for safe operation on resource roads
- Radio use and resource road procedures
- Driving strategies for deactivated roads (optional)
Participants must complete the online learning resource (Knowledge Unit) prior to attending the 1-day field session (will be verified).
- Participants will need to bring a valid driver’s licence, copy of their current driver's abstract and vehicle insurance.
- Participants or companies need to provide their own vehicles, ideally those that will be used in the workplace.
- Participants spend the majority of the course outdoors and behind the wheel.
- Group size is limited to 6 participants per trainer.
- Lunch is not provided.
- September 27, 2021 - Campbell River, BC
- October 1, 2021 - Kamloops, BC
- October 2, 2021 - Cranbrook, BC
- October 28, 2021 - Harrison Mills, BC