Learn basic safety and decision-making skills for driving on resource roads in British Columbia in this new, one day in-field course. Participants will receive a record of completion.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Operate a radio and follow safe road procedures in accordance with industry best practices in BC
- Implement driver controls to reduce the risk of incidents related to resource road operations
- Perform emergency manoeuvres
- Pre-Trip inspection
- Blind spots
- Emergency manoeuvres
- Vehicle dynamics
- Driving techniques for safe operation on resource roads
- Radio use and resource road procedures
- Driving strategies for deactivated roads (optional)
Participants must have completed the online Knowledge Unit Training and verified its completion prior to attending the 1-day field session.
- Participants will need to bring a valid driver’s licence, copy of their current driver's abstract and vehicle insurance.
- Participants or companies need to provide their own vehicles, ideally those that will be used in the workplace.
- Participants spend the majority of the course outdoors and behind the wheel.
- Group size is limited to 6 participants per trainer.
- Lunch is not provided.
Session Scheduling & Enrollment
NEW! Public Session: Sept. 27 - Kamloops, BC
This course is offered primarily on request by an external provider, Overland Training Canada.
To register for the Kamloops session, or to learn more about requesting a private group session, contact Overland Training Canada