This prerequisite online learning module helps prepare you for the Resource Road Safety Training, Resource Road Driver Training and Resource Road Instructor Training courses before you attend field day activities.
This resource is also available as a stand-alone course for companies/contractors wishing to support their internal training and assessment needs. Participants will receive a record of completion.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of human factors and their significance to safe vehicle operation
- Describe hazards and vehicle dynamics related to operating light trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge of radio calling use and resource road procedures
- Describe the general operation of light trucks and the general operation of a tow trailer
- Describe emergency response for driving light trucks
Duration & Delivery
Approximately four hours. This is an online course with self-paced, flexible 24/7 access and the expectation of participants completing the course prior to attending any field training.
This online training is free.
BCFSC Learning Centre "Self-enroll Courses":
- Login to your Learning Centre account, or click on the "Create new account" button on the login page
- Click on the course name from the list of "Self-enroll Courses"
- Click on the "Enroll me" button