This free, online training program was developed by BCFSC and the Manufacturing Advisory Group (MAG).
Six courses are offered within the program to help train supervisors in the sawmill and wood pellet manufacturing sectors.
- Cornerstones of Effective Supervision
- Due Diligence
- Orientations, Training and Skill Development
- Hazard Identification, Inspections and Incident Investigation
- Effective Communication
- Leadership and Professionalism
No charge. Free online training.
BCFSC Learning Centre "Self-enroll Courses":
- Login to your Learning Centre account, or click on the "Create new account" button on the login page
- Click on the course name from the list of "Self-enroll Courses"
- Click on the "Enroll me" button
“Thank you to the BC Forest Safety Council for offering the Wood Product Manufacturing Supervisor Training online course. It is a great way to learn and/or to freshen up your knowledge without having travelling to a far-off place.”
J. Kamp, Health and Safety Supervisor at J.H. Huscroft Ltd., Creston, BC