This course is about occupational health and safety for Individual Owner Operators (IOOs) working in the forest sector. Participants should be active in their company's business operations and be knowledgeable of the work activities. The course meets the requirements for both initial and refresher IOO training.
Refresher training is a requirement for eligibility for the WorkSafeBC COR program and must be taken within 3 years of your last successful audit.
This course is offered in English only and participants are expected to fully participate with the training content. Participants will receive a record of completion for finishing the course.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand basic safety rights and responsibilities
- Understand the Audit Process and Certificate of Recognition
- Understand tools, templates, and advocacy services available for your business
- Gain the skills to complete your initial or recertification audit submission.
Duration & Delivery
The duration of this course is approximately four hours.
The course is offered as a self-paced online course.
Basic Computer skills are required. Learn more about our Online Training Delivery Technical Requirements.
- For the online course, learning is self-paced, with flexible 24/7 access and the expectation of participants completing the course within six months of enrollment.
Online learning: No cost – free online training.
Submit a completed enrollment form (and course fee if applicable).
Enrollments are typically processed within 3 days.