Participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of a falling supervisor, and will become familiar with processes used by a falling supervisor to support their due diligence.
This course is for Falling Supervisors and for individuals who oversee falling activities. Falling experience, or a broad understanding of falling hazards and the means to control them, is recommended.
This course is available in English only. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
This course is one of the prerequisites for falling supervisor certification.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Develop block falling plans that comply with the Workers Compensation Act and OHS Regulation
- Control falling activities in the workplace, and document them
- Coordinate phases
- Manage people and train workers
- Inspect and evaluate certified hand fallers to the BC Faller Training Standard
Duration & Delivery
Five days of training. Four days in class and one field day in a block-type setting.
Session Dates & Locations
- June 7 - 11, 2021 | Campbell River
- September 27 - October 1, 2021 | Prince George
- October 18 - 22, 2021 | Nelson
- November 15 - 19, 2021 | Campbell River
This course can be delivered by request. Ask us about the details.
For field activities be sure to bring:
- Seasonal weather-appropriate clothing & protection (ie - sunscreen, bug repellant)
- Caulk boots
- Hardhat, hearing and eye protection
- Tape measure, and
- Your thermos.
Cost is $1,680.00 (includes 5% GST). Refreshments and lunch are included.
Submit a completed enrollment form and course fee.
Typically enrollments are processed within 3 days to allow for program review/confirmation of your request and enrollment into the appropriate course and session.
Note: Session enrollment may be capped so register early to ensure your seat.