Participants will learn about the roles and responsibilities of a falling supervisor, and will become familiar with processes used by a falling supervisor to support their due diligence.
This course is for falling supervisors and for individuals who oversee falling activities. Falling experience, or a broad understanding of falling hazards and the means to control them, is recommended.
This course is available in English only. Participants will receive a Record of Completion.
This course is one of the prerequisites for falling supervisor certification.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the importance of Qualified Assistance, Falling Safety Plans and the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Conduct meaningful faller inspections using the BC Faller Training Standard
- Describe the skills important in managing fallers and falling crews
- Understand the differences between:
- Certified and Qualified
- Certified Falling Supervisors and Qualified Falling Supervisors
Duration & Delivery
Falling Supervisor training consists of 12 hours of online training and 4 consecutive days of in-person training (2 days in-class and 2 field days, in a block-type setting). Access to the online training opens 3 weeks before the start of the in-person training. It must be completed at least 1 week prior to the start of the in-person training. Participants cannot attend the in-person session if the online training has not been completed.
Session Dates and Locations
- April 2-5, 2024 - Nelson
- April 16-19, 2024 - Campbell River
- April 30-May 3, 2024 - Prince George
- October 22-25, 2024 - Nelson
- November 12-15, 2024 - Campbell River
This course can be delivered by request. Click here to learn more.
For field activities be sure to bring:
- Seasonal weather-appropriate clothing & protection (ie - sunscreen, bug repellant)
- Caulk boots
- Hardhat, hearing and eye protection
- Tape measure, and
- Your thermos.
$1,785.00 (includes 5% GST). Refreshments and lunch are included.
Submit a completed enrollment form and course fee.
Enrollments are typically processed within 3 days.
Note: If there are not enough enrollments 3 weeks prior to the starting date, the course will be cancelled. Please enrol early to ensure your seat.