Participants will learn about the roles and responsibilities of a falling supervisor, and will become familiar with processes used by a falling supervisor to support their due diligence.
This course is for falling supervisors and for individuals who oversee falling activities. Falling experience, or a broad understanding of falling hazards and the means to control them, is recommended.
This course is available in English only. Participants will receive a Record of Completion.
This course is one of the prerequisites for falling supervisor certification.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Develop block falling plans that comply with the Workers Compensation Act and OHS Regulation
- Control falling activities in the workplace, and document them
- Coordinate phases
- Manage people and train workers
- Inspect and evaluate certified hand fallers to the BC Faller Training Standard
Duration & Delivery
Falling Supervisor training spans five consecutive days (4 days in-class and a full field day, in a block-type setting).
Session Dates and Locations
- September 26 - 30, 2022 | Prince George (session confirmed)
- October 17 - 21, 2022 | Nelson
- November 14 - 18, 2022 | Campbell River
This course can be delivered by request. Ask us about the details.
For field activities be sure to bring:
- Seasonal weather-appropriate clothing & protection (ie - sunscreen, bug repellant)
- Caulk boots
- Hardhat, hearing and eye protection
- Tape measure, and
- Your thermos.
$1,785.00 (includes 5% GST). Refreshments and lunch are included.
Submit a completed enrollment form and course fee.
Enrollments are typically processed within 3 days.
Note: Session enrollment may be capped, so register early to ensure your seat.