This course is about occupational health and safety for small employers working in the forest sector. Participants should be active in their company's business operations and have knowledge of their safety program, as they will become the company's internal auditor and submit their company's audit. Note that in order to perform COR eligible audits, a participant must be a permanent employee.
This course is available in English only. For classroom sessions, group participation is required. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for finishing the course.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective workplace Occupational Health & Safety Program
- Describe an employer's due diligence and regulatory requirements
- Perform a SAFE Companies and COR SEBASE / ISEBASE audit
Duration & Delivery
Online: A minimum of 14 hours is expected, however individuals progress through the training at their own pace. Time commitment may vary due to existing safety system preparedness. Those with limited safety systems or prior experience may need more time.
Online learning is self-paced, flexible 24/7 access with the expectation of participants completing the course within 6 months of enrollment.
Classroom: 14 hours of training over 2 days, combining instruction and group activities
Session Dates & Locations
- October 7-8, 2021 - Langley
- October 28-29, 2021 - Kamloops
- November 22-23, 2021 - Campbell River
For the benefit of classroom activities, it is recommended that you bring your current safety program manual or a laptop if your safety program manual is in an electronic format.
- Online $94.50 ($90.00 + $4.50 GST)
- Classroom instruction and materials is $336 (includes 5% GST) - refreshments and lunch included
Submit a completed enrollment form (and course fee if applicable).
Typically enrollments are processed within 3 days to allow for program review/confirmation of your request and enrollment into the appropriate course and session.