This course provides a refresher for ISEBASE/SEBASE internal auditors. It is a requirement for eligibility for the WorkSafeBC Certificate of Recognition (COR) program and must be taken within 3 years of the last successful audit.
Small Employer OHS training is the prerequisite for this course. This course is available in English only. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for finishing the course.
Contact SAFE Companies if you would like to discuss if refresher training is right for you.
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Streamline and improve their safety management program and audit submission
- Help their company be eligible for COR incentive payments for three years.
Duration & Delivery
There are four options to complete the required seven hour refresher training:
Option 1 - Attend Day One of Small Employer OHS Classroom
- Why be SAFE Certified?
- Legal requirements for safety
- Evaluating your current safety program
- Corrective Action Logs
- Risk assessments
- Emergency Response Plans
Option 2 - Attend Day Two of Small Employer OHS Classroom
- Case study of workplace safety plan
- Worker orientation, monitoring, inspection
- Incident reporting, injury management
- Sample safety programs
- Audit tool
- Build your safety program and audit
Option 3 - Attend both days of Small Employer OHS classroom
Option 4 - Complete the Small Employer OHS training online
Computer-based learning is self-paced, flexible 24/7 access with the expectation of participants completing the course within six months of enrollment.
Session Dates & Locations
- Sept. 30 and/or Oct. 1, 2021 - Langley
- Sept. 30 and/or Oct. 1, 2021 - Prince George
- October 28 and/or 29, 2021 - Kamloops
- November 18 and/or 19, 2021 - Nanaimo
Participants will take part in various group activities. For the benefit of classroom activities, it is recommended that you bring your current Safety Program Manual or a laptop if your Safety Program Manual is in an electronic format.
- Online training is free
- Classroom (any option) - total cost of instruction and materials is $183.75 (includes 5% GST, refreshments and lunch)
Submit a completed enrollment form (and course fee if applicable).
Typically enrollments are processed within three days to allow for program review/confirmation of your request and enrollment into the appropriate course and session.