In the first quarter of 2020, the BC Forest Safety Council hosted three information sessions for self-loading log truck operators with the goal of establishing an industry led Self-Loading Log Truck Working Group. The need for an industry working group was identified through discussions at the Forest Industry Forum (FIF) whose purpose is to provide an effective mechanism between the BC Forest Harvesting Industry and WorkSafeBC in addressing issues, building a stronger working relationship, providing efficiencies for resolutions and communications, and improving safety standards and performance in the Forest Industry.
- Al Taylor, A R Taylor Loading and Hauling
- Trevor Bennett, T Bennett Trucking
- Gerrard Pagani, Stewart Systems
- Ray Hascarl, Galena Contractors
- Brent Giesbrecht, BG Self-loading
- Ken Fear, Fearless Contracting
- Steve Jackson, AH Jackson Corp.
- John Shearing, Mosaic Forest Management
- Earl Houlden, WSBC Representative
- Jason Leroy, Profab Manufacturing Ltd.
- Trish Kohorst, Manager, Transportation & Northern Safety, BCFSC Staff Support
Email us to learn more about SLWG.