This program of courses has been developed by industry experts and contain the foundational knowledge specifically for dedicated courses developed specifically for: Dozer Operator, Excavator Operator, Grader Operator, Wheel Loader Operator and Rock Drill Operator. Also available with the program, are two optional courses that offer additional knowledge that compliment the required courses.
Note: Employers should use on-the-job training and assessments along with the online training to ensure a worker is competent for this occupation. Click here for more information.
Completion of required courses:
- 1090 – Harvesting Methods
- 1081 – Tools and Equipment for Heavy Machinery
- 1082 – Heavy Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Procedures
- 1083 – Heavy Equipment Mechanical Systems
- 1138 – Winch Assist
Duration & Delivery
This program of courses will take approximately 6.5 hours for the required courses and 1 hour for each optional course. This is an online program of courses with self-paced, flexible 24/7 access and the expectation of participants completing the course within six months of enrollment.
No cost – free online training.
BCFSC Learning Centre "Self-enroll Courses":
- Login to your Learning Centre account, or click on the "Create new account" button on the login page.
- Click on the course name from the list of "Self-enroll Courses"
- Click on the "Enroll me" button