This free online orientation course is intended for workers who work around dangerous trees in forestry operations - harvesting, silviculture and firefighting.
This is a basic awareness training course and does not train you to assess dangerous trees. The Wildlife Dangerous Tree Assessor Certificate Program is a different training program that is offered by UNBC.
This course is available in English only.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand what a dangerous tree is and why it's important
- Explain what happens on worksites to identify and control dangerous trees
- Describe basic dangerous tree characteristics and what to look for
- Understand how to keep yourself and others safe when working around dangerous trees
Duration and Delivery
Approximately 1 hour. This is an online course with self-paced, flexible 24/7 access.
This online training is free.
BCFSC Learning Centre "Self-enroll Courses":
- Login to your Learning Centre account, or click on the "Create new account" button on the login page
- Click on the course name from the list of "Self-enroll Courses"
- Click on the "Enroll me" button