The Forestry Safety Overview course provides an overview of the forest industry to help ensure new entrants to the sector meet the safety expectations and norms of the forest industry.
Who can attend this course?
- Anyone. This course is an informative forestry safety overview for anyone working in the forest industry.
- SAFE Conversion. This course is required training for a company seeking SAFE Conversion using their COR (Certificate of Recognition) from BCCSA, Enform and Safety Driven. Participants should be active in their company's business operations and be knowledgeable of the work activities, typically a supervisor of the forestry related activities.
This course is available in English only. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for finishing the course.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe basic BC forest sector business operations, such as:
- forest industry size, structure, and economic impact on BC
- land ownership, First Nations consent
- bid processes
- regulations pertaining to forestry operations in BC
- safety management system implementation
- Recognize safety culture in the forest sector and the role of the BC Forest Safety Council
Duration & Delivery
Approximately 4 hours. This is an online course with self-paced, flexible 24/7 access and the expectation of participants completing the course within six months of enrollment.
Submit a completed enrollment form.
Typically enrollments are processed within 3 days to allow for program review/confirmation of your request and enrollment into the appropriate course and session.