This program of courses has been developed by industry experts and contain the foundational knowledge specifically for dedicated courses developed specifically for Hook Tenders. Also available with the program, are four optional courses that offer additional knowledge and are recommended to enhance the program material.
Note: Employers should use on-the-job training and assessments along with the online training to ensure a worker is competent for this occupation. Click here for more information.
Completion of required courses:
- 1013 – Describe Rigging Components and Basic Rigging Practices
- 1014 – Describe and Apply Advanced Rigging Practices
- 1015 – Plan Block for Yarding
- 1016 – Plan and Manager Day-to-Day Activities for Yarding
- 1026 – Apply Hook Tender Skills
Duration & Delivery
This program of courses will take approximately 5.5 hours for the required courses and 1 hour for each optional course. This is an online program of courses with self-paced, flexible 24/7 access and the expectation of participants completing the course within six months of enrollment.
No cost – free online training.
BCFSC Learning Centre "Self-enroll Courses":
- Login to your Learning Centre account, or click on the "Create new account" button on the login page
- Click on the course name from the list of "Self-enroll Courses"
- Click on the "Enroll me" button