Free Webinar: Analysis of Deflagration Isolation in Wood Pellet Production for Safer Operations
The Wood Pellet Association of Canada (WPAC), BC Forest Safety Council (BCFSC), Dalhousie University and Canadian Biomass Magazine are hosting a free Zoom webinar, Analysis of Deflagration Isolation in Wood Pellet Production for Safer Operation.
Date and time:
Monday, July 18, 2022, from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. Pacific time.
The purpose of this webinar is outline the report “Analysis of Deflagration Isolation in Wood Pellet Production for Safer Operation” to enhance the ability of management and decision-makers to effectively consider key areas of focus.
Registration is free but limited to 100 registrants. Register to confirm your spot today. Contact Gordon Murray at email@example.com. Registration confirmation will be via acceptance of the Zoom invitation.
- Combustible Dust Hazards and Deflagration Propagation
- Overview of Deflagration Isolation
- Deflagration Isolation Methods
- Common Locations for Isolation
- Managing Failure Modes and Degradation Factors of Isolation Methods
- Incorporating Deflagration Isolation
- Other Recommended Activities for Facilities to Consider
Process safety and hazard analysis expert Kayleigh Rayner Brown, P.Eng., M.A.Sc., Director of Obex Risk Ltd., will be presenting. Kayleigh has worked in the nuclear, petroleum and aerospace manufacturing industries with an environmental focus and, having completed a Master’s in process safety, most recently as been leading hazard analyses in the pellet sector.